While family dinners are important to create a strong bond between members, keeping family members engaged every night can be a challenge.
Here are a few ways you can make family dinners fun and an event the whole family looks forward to each night according to SuperHealthyKids.com.
– Serve their favorites: Family dinners don’t always have to be formal. Serve breakfast for dinner or order pizza once in a while.
– Create a conversation jar: Write down conversation topics and place them in a jar. Have each family member choose a topic and then discuss or laugh about what comes out of the jar.
– Play a game: Try a family-appropriate “would you rather” game or the “who’s coming to dinner?” game in which everyone picks a guest, deceased or living, and explain why they would want to have them join the family dinner.
– Have a theme: Themes can create family conversations and laughter. You can use a foreign country and its food for a theme or even a specific color using foods of that color.
– Play “restaurant”: Print out a menu and have your kids take your order. Let them plate it and serve it to you, or vice versa.
– Have a dinner bar: Bars can give kids a little more control over their choices. Try a potato bar, pasta bar, oatmeal bar, salad bar or crepe bar.
– Have a progressive meal: Starting with appetizers on the front porch, move to the main dish at the dining table, followed by dessert at a backyard patio table.
–More Content Now