Families across the country are spending more time at home – and with each other. While it might be easy for the cabin fever to set in for the whole family, one way to break up your regular routine is to try at-home workouts you can do with your kids.
Invite your kids to join your workouts to help them burn off some energy and stay fit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are a few workouts you can do with your kids at home:
– Mountain climbers: Get into a push-up position and then alternated bringing your knee to your elbow.
– Bear crawls: Palms and feet flat on the floor, arch back, and then race your kids across the room.
– Star jumps: Stand tall and then explosively jump into the air, expanding your legs and arms to look like a large “X.”
– Sit ups: Tuck your toes under the sofa or coffee table or ask your kids to hold your feet and vice versa.
– Burpees: Start with a jump, then a drop to to a plank, add a push-up, and then jump back up.
– Squats: See who can get the deepest squat or the most squats in 60 seconds.
– Leg raises: Lay on you side or on your back and lift your legs without bending at the knee. Try to hold at the top.
– Lunges: Step forward and bend your knee to a 90-degree angle. Have your back knee touch the ground without letting your front knee extend past your toes.
– Planks: Elbows on the floor and balanced on your toes, go eye-to-eye and see who can last the longest.
– More Content Now