‘Tis the season to be outside! We have created crafts this month that should keep your kids (and whole family) outside this summer! Do it yourself outdoor games are such a hit and there are so many ideas out there. This craft would be perfect for a backyard BBQ this summer, a camping trip, the beach, a sporting event or even a concert! OK — writing all of those fun summer ideas makes me want summer NOW! Hurry up!
“Pet Rock” Tic-Tac-Toe
What You Will Need:
- 9 Oval Rocks
- Red, Black, and Yellow Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Tree Stump (either a real one or buy one at Michaels)
- Go outside with your kids and find nine oval rocks that are smooth. Bring them home and rinse them off with soap and water. Dry with a towel.
- Using your paint, create five bumblebee rocks and five lady bug rocks. Let dry for an hour.
- While our pet rocks are drying, paint a number sign on your stump. (If you are using a true stump in the ground, then the only way for your kids to play with it is to go outside. Perfect excuse!)
- Once everything is dry, get your tic-tac-toe on!
Jamie Lewis and Jami Marsicano are best friends and crafting divas. Their motto is “Crafting is contagious, pass it on!”