As a kid, a cool snack was always welcomed after a day playing under the sun. Many times, we were digging through the back of the freezer looking for our favorite ice pop colors. But there were those occasions when we were surprised with a homemade dessert.
Here is one of my favorites from those summers that I would always look forward to finding. The best part is, you’ll never need to open your oven.
1. Pour a small amount of root beer into each popsicle mold.
2. Evenly distribute the ice cream between the popsicle molds in spoonfuls.
3. Pour root beer into molds in small amounts allowing the foam to die back before pouring more to fill molds to the top.
4. Cover with lid of popsicle molds. Place a sheet of foil on top of the popsicle mold top and insert sticks (the foil keeps the sticks in place so they don’t slip into the mold more than desired or float).
5. Freeze until fully frozen. To remove popsicles, run molds under hot water for a few seconds and remove.
Servings: 10 bars
- 14 oz. of root beer
- 1-1/4 c. vanilla ice cream, slightly softened