About This Blog
About this Column
While trying to think of a creative way to introduce myself, the theme song to The Addams Family began playing in my head. While I can be “kooky,” I am not so sure I’m “spooky” or even “ooky” for that matter—whatever that may mean. I’ll look it up later.
My name is Brooke. I’m 28 years young and married to the love of my life (we’ll call him Bean Pole for future reference, because he’s really tall and kind of looks like Michael Phelps. I, however, am really, really short and, unfortunately, do not resemble anyone famous.)
We got married in September 2011 and are expecting a baby in January. We recently found out we are having a boy—which is good because Bean Pole, I am fairly confident, would send the baby back if he were a girl.
Meanwhile, I’m already a mommy to two beautiful miniature pinscher/toy terrier mixes, Zoey and Roost. I would save all the animals of the world if Bean Pole would let me but, alas, I am only allowed two pups.
I graduated from HACC with a degree in Humanities/Language and the Arts. I love music and musical theatre, and I love supporting my family and friends in their hobbies and interests. I really enjoy spending time with all of my family. I can’t wait to get to know you and your families as I share my experiences in being an expectant and new mother and, hopefully, you will leave comments or drop me a line now and then with your stories.
- Brooke's favorite blog | Comments
- Nine months—early! | Comments: 3
- With this ring … | Comments
- Learning the hard way | Comments: 5
- Travels ... and painting | Comments: 2
- It’s all about the stuffing! | Comments
- Checking in on the boy | Comments
- Nothing’s easy | Comments
- Showered with love | Comments: 3
- Looking ahead to the final trimester | Comments