Jun 27, 201308:49 AMDaily News
Breaking news, practical tips, useless trivia, media reviews and more
Fireworks displays in Central Pennsylvania
The first time I ever saw Fourth of July fireworks on a date other than the fourth, I threw a fit.
It’s the FOURTH of July, not third nor second nor fifth. It blew my 12-year-old mind. What was this anarchy?
Fortunately since then I’ve slowly relented to the fact that some places do in fact launch fireworks on different days. I will be seeing my display on the fourth, but regardless here is a listing of local fireworks displays to celebrate our Independence Day:
- Carlisle, July 6
- Shippensburg, July 4, Dusk
- Mechanicsburg, July 5-6, 9:30 p.m.: At Williams Grove Speedway
- Millersburg, July 3: Head to River Front Park starting at 5 p.m. for food and music. The fireworks launch from the river at 10.
- Harrisburg, July 4: Thousands attend this annual event featuring food, rides, games and Harrisburg’s Got Talent contest.
- Hershey, July 4, 10 p.m.
- Koons Park, Linglestown, July 3, 9:15-9:30 p.m.
- Middletown, June 29, 9:30 p.m.
- Ephrata, July 4, 9:30 p.m.
- Lititz, July 4, 10:15 p.m.: Entertainment, food, games and fireworks synchronized with sound at Lititz Springs Park.
- Lancaster, June 28, 10 p.m.: Caps off Celebrate Lancaster.
- Mountville, June 29, 9 p.m.: At Froelich Park
- Marietta, June 29, 10:30 p.m.: Ends the town’s Fourth of July carnival
- Lebanon, July 4, 9 p.m.
- Mt. Gretna, July 4, 9 p.m.: The Rehrersburg Band will play a free concert at 7:30 at Mt. Gretna Playhouse (donations requested). The Grand Illumination will take place at 9.
- Hanover, July 4, 9:30 p.m.: Celebrate Liberty Day in Hanover at Moul Field Recreation Complex with all day family fun and fireworks at 9:30.
- Jacobus, July 4, dusk: Children’s parade, cake walk, tractor pull and much more throughout the day.
- Wrightsville, July 4, 9:30 p.m.
- York, July 4, 9:30 p.m.: At Sovereign Bank Stadium
Kurt Bopp is assistant editor/web at Central Penn Parent, and his favorite fireworks display ever was at State College.