Jul 2, 201208:22 AMDaily News
Breaking news, practical tips, useless trivia, media reviews and more
Grill burgers, not fingers
With the Independence Day quickly approaching, many families are getting their gas and charcoal grills ready to cook delicious food for the holiday. While grilling burgers and hot dogs for the Fourth, families should remember these tips from to prevent accidental burns and fires:
- Grills should be kept at least 10 feet away from the house
- A 3-foot safety zone should be created around the grill to keep kids and pets at a distance.
- Do not leave the grill unattended.
- Wait until the grill has completely cooled and all coals are extinguished and disposed of before putting the grill away.
- Do not apply aerosol sunscreen near the grill.
- On gas grills, check all hoses for cracks, holes or leaks before starting to grill.