Creative Kids: Wild cardBy
Make a greeting card for any occasion by cutting out letters from magazines and arranging them ‘ransom note style’ on the front of folded cardstock. You can personalize the card by adding the recipient’s name or age or any other info you like, such as “Happy 80th Birthday, Grandmom!” Let your imagination run wild!
Parents: This is a great activity for young kids to do to practice spelling, just be sure to supervise them when using scissors to keep little hands safe.
You will need:
- craft glue or glue stick
- 5”x7” cardstock or other heavy paper
- assorted magazines
- Look through magazines to find the letters you need to spell out the message on the front of your greeting card. Cut out each letter.
- Arrange the letters on the front of a piece of cardstock or other heavy paper folded in half.
- Glue the letters in place.
- Allow the glue to dry and then write a message on the inside of the card. Then give it to someone special.