Family Kitchen: Fiesta Chicken
Central Penn Parent Staff
Cooking Time: 7-9 hours on low, 3-4 hours on high
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 14 1/2 ounces Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Heat oil in skillet. Cook chicken pieces until browned. Remove and drain.
- Place onion, green pepper, garlic and jalapeno pepper in skillet and saute until slightly cooked.
- Add all ingredients to stoneware and stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours. Serve on flour tortillas.