One of the simplest ways for families to bond and enjoy each other’s company is through food. While family dinners are important for the family dynamic, sitting at a dinner table every night can become mundane.
If you are looking to break up the family dinner routine, try going outside and hosting a family picnic.
Here are a few ways to make a family picnic easy on you and your family, according to TheSpruceEats.com:
1. Make your picnic simple: Ensure all picnic foods are simple to transport and not too heavy to carry. Paper or plastic plates and cutlery are also easier to carry.
2. Make your picnic interesting: Think finger foods. Instead of a boxed salad, try stuffing pita bread with goat’s cheese and handfuls of salad.
3. Things to avoid: Avoid ice cream, sticky puddings and cakes. They can be fragile to transport and insects will be drawn to them.
4. Make if few: Prepare just a few things to ease up on cooking.
5. Forget about courses: Spread all the food on a blanket and let everyone help themselves.
6. Plan carefully: Plan how much food you might eat. Too much and you’ll have to carry it all back.
7. Keep it cool: Use cool bags or an icebox. Put small bottles of water or juice in the freezer for a few hours before, These can double as chiller-blocks to keep your food cold.
8. Must haves: Be sure to have sunblock, napkins or hand wipes, bug spray and trash bags to clean up afterward.
– More Content Now